Available In Sizes: 50mL
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is an endogenous fatty acid amide analogue of the endocannabinoid anandamine, from the N-acylethanolamines family of lipid mediators.
• PEA Liquid is micronised to a 20um-25um particle size using laser diffraction.
• Presented in a coconut-derived (MCT) lipid suspension for ease of compounding.
• 1mL contains 300mg PEA for easy dose calculation.
• Synthesised from palmitic acid from sustainably sourced palm oil.
• PEA liquid contains 99% pure PEA, which has been confirmed by purity testing.
• Pleasant natural orange flavour.
Each 1mL (28 drops) contains:
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is a crystalline, highly lipophilic N-acylethanolamine (NAE), a class of naturally occurring mediators each composed of a fatty acid and ethanolamine; in turn classed as fatty acid ethanolamines (FAEs). The endocannabinoid, N-arachidonoylethanolamine (anandamide), and its congeners N-stearoylethanolamine and N-oleoylethanolamine, are also members of this family. PEA acts as an anandamine analogue.1 Anandamide was first isolated from pig brain and classed as the first endocannabinoid. N-acylethanolamines, such as PEA, do not show ligand activity for cannabinoid receptors, anandamide could be concomitantly produced as a by-product of non-endocannabinoid N-acylethanolamines.1 Because PEA is lipophilic and poorly water-soluble, its low dissolution rate in fluids can limit absorption and, therefore, biological responses. Thus, the particle size of PEA represents a crucial technology issue.
Available clinical trials have utilised PEA products manufactured using several different types of micronisation processes, yielding varying results. Laser diffraction ultra-micronisation yields an altered crystalline PEA structure with higher energy content, resulting in superior biological efficacy compared to its native form.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!